Saturday, April 25, 2009

I'm gonna make me a whole deck....

Where do trading cards originate from? After doing no research and little bit of thinking, I believe I know the answer: baseball cards.* Baseball cards I can relate to. I grew up with them. I even collected them for a while. Several of the greats are represented in my dad's collection (obviously, being a ballgame listener, he collected the cards too): Ty Cobb, Ted Williams...okay, I know that there are way more, but my brain is failing me today.

You can imagine my excitement when I realized that there is a program out there that lets ME be the subject of trading cards! So I created a couple myself. Here I am, the extreme librarian:


And here I am the seductress librarian:



And, as a nod to the tradition of sports trading cards, here's my brother, the ultra runner:


These are wayyyy to much fun. Like I said, I'm gonna make me a whole deck. And make sure all the other librarians make a whole deck. I know! Let's make the Bozeman Public Library Trading Deck. Include one with each book. Now that sounds like a money-maker.*
*I am not to be held responsible for the absurdity of these statments. I have a bad head cold.

1 comment:

  1. wow - guess I'd better get going on my trading cards too! I think I made a boarding pass for this exercise - how practical was that???

    ReplyDelete